Kennel Attendant (Part-time)
- Morning shifts: begin at 7:30am weekdays, 8am weekends/ holidays. Length of shifts may vary.
- Afternoon shifts: begin at 4:30pm.
As a member of our team, your job will be to continue to provide the excellent care our clients expect from us. Your duties will include:
- Hands-on supervision & exercising of dogs in a secure outdoor, off-leash environment.
- Feeding, watering, bathing of the dogs.
- Interacting with our clients’ owners in a respectful, courteous & responsible manner.
- General housekeeping such as laundry, dish washing, sweeping/ floor washing of the kennel, as well as daily cleaning of the grounds.
- Feeding, watering farm animals: chickens & goats.
- Ability to work well in a busy, sometimes noisy & changing environment.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others, as well as by yourself at times.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, afternoons, weekends & holidays.
- Previous experience caring for animals is an asset- however we are prepared to provide training for persons exhibiting an enthusiasm & an aptitude for the job.
- basic computer skills
- You must have your own reliable transportation to the kennel. There is no public transit to the kennel.
- Must love dogs!
- An ability to work alone, or with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience working in a kennel or similar is an asset.
We are looking to hire someone who is interested in both working in the kennel, mostly on weekday mornings (Part-Time), as well as helping manage the business. This would include maintaining our social media pages, and website, scheduling staff, and booking customers.
Kennel shifts are scheduled, but much of the other tasks can be done from home, on a flexible schedule. Hours per week vary, and are dependent on the volume of boarders. We are busiest around holidays, and school breaks.
The ideal candidate would be proficient in:
- Facebook (pages)
- Gmail (and the rest of the Gsuite)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
Please contact Deb at 604-240-5937 if you are interested!